The principal objectives of this project are to contribute to food security and poverty reduction. Its specific objective is to increase the income of smallholder farmers and rural entrepreneurs including women on a sustainable basis.
The project includes the following major components: (i) Agriculture Infrastructure Rehabilitation; (ii) Agricultural Production and Productivity Improvement; and (iii) Project Management. The project will be implemented in 8 counties, including Grand Gedeh, River Gee, Grand Kru,
The Ministry of Agriculture (MOA) wishes to recruit highly motivated specialists who will be directly responsible for coordinating and supervising implementation of project activities, in liaison with other national specialists and stakeholder agencies. The specialists will constitute the Project Coordination Unit (PCU). The PCU will be anchored in the Planning and Development Department of the MOA. The MOA invites applications for the following four posts: (1) Financial Management Specialist, (2) Procurement Specialist, (3) Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist and (4) Irrigation/Rural Infrastructure Engineering Specialist. All qualified candidates will be self-motivated, result-oriented team players, with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines. They should have excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and computer-proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Candidates must be familiar with Government, donor, NGO, and private sector organizational structures and operational modalities in general. Experience in
The Financial Management Specialist will ensure effective financial management in support of all Project activities, as an integral member of the project implementation team. Qualified candidates should have the following minimum requirements:
· At least a Bachelors Degree in Commerce, specializing in Accounting, or equivalent field, together with a professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CPA or its equivalent.
· At least 7 years recent post-qualification experience in a highly professional environment, with experience on a donor-funded program/project particularly desirable. Specific experience with multilateral donor projects will be an advantage.
The Procurement Specialist will ensure the effective and efficient conduct of all procurement activities associated with the project, in full compliance with the requirements and procedures of the AfDB, IFAD, and the Government of Liberia. Qualified candidates should have the following minimum requirements:
· At least a Master’s/ Post-graduate degree (or its university equivalent) with a major in a relevant discipline e.g.; Engineering, Architecture, Procurement, Law, Management, Commerce or related field.
· Minimum of 4 years progressive experience in the formulation and implementation of procurement-specific policies, programs and projects in African or other developing countries for a successful multilateral donor-funded project or program; experience with a procurement authority will also be considered.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist will establish and operate the overall project Monitoring and Evaluation system. Qualified candidates should have the following minimum requirements:
· At least a Masters Degree or equivalent in Social Science, Agricultural Economics, Statistics, or related discipline and additional post graduate qualification in project management/M&E.
· Minimum of 7 years working experience in bilateral or multilateral donor-funded programs with at least 3 years of specific responsibility as MIS specialist.
Irrigation/Rural Infrastructure Engineering Specialist will be responsible for all rural infrastructure developments including road, irrigation, micro-hydropower, potable water supply, office and market building infrastructure under the Program. The candidate should posses the following minimum qualifications:
· At Least Bachelors Degree in civil engineering with Masters qualification in irrigation/water supply/hydraulic engineering
· At least 10 years proven working experience in rural infrastructure development including rural roads, water supply/irrigation and building infrastructure; knowledge and/or experience in renewable/alternative energy systems such as micro-hydro power, solar and biogas is desirable. Procurement experience is a necessity.
To apply for any of the above positions:
Please send application along with detailed curriculum vitae (CV), including telephone and email contact, and names and details of two references of high standing by both courier and e-mail to:
Dr. Moses Zinnah
Agriculture Sector Rehabilitation Project (ASRP)
Ministry of Agriculture,
Please refer to PCU MOA and the position title in the subject line. Applications must be received on/ before 4:00 p.m. GMT on September 4, 2009 to be considered.
Successful candidates will be contacted within 8 weeks from the date of this advertisement.